Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Vegetable Soup
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3 tablespoons of green peas
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
0.5 green bell pepper, chopped
1 ounce green beans
7 ounces of chicken breast, diced
1 cup water
1 cup chicken stock
1 tomato, diced
½ cup tomato sauce
1 egg, whisked
How to Cook Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the carrot and onion and cook them for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the peas, bell peppers, green beans, and stir for 2-3 more minutes. After they cook, leave them aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan and start cooking the chicken. Cook it for 8-10 minutes, until golden.
- Add the cooked veggies and pour the water and chicken stock. Bring the soup to a boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, and give it a good stir. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the whisked egg, and leave it on heat for 2-3 more minutes.
- You can serve the soup with 1 tablespoon of sour cream and a touch of parsley!