Chicken and Pear Skewers
When you’re out of ideas on what to cook next, you should consider trying some skewers. They’re easy and fun to make, and they help you try interesting combos and flavors. And speaking of interesting combos, we’ve made these skewers with chicken, smoked sausage, and pear. They’re sweet, smoky, and delicious!
Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Pear Skewers
1 tablespoon butter
3.5 ounces of celery
1 teaspoon thyme
5 ounces of chicken breast, diced
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 pear, small dices
2 breads slices, small cubes
8 garlic cloves
3 sausages s, sliced
1 egg, whisked
1 tablespoon yogurt
How to Make Chicken and Pear Skewers
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the butter in it, and melt it.
- Add the celery, and season it with salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook it until it softens.
- Add the diced chicken in a bowl, and pour a small drizzle of olive oil over it. Season it with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water to prevent them from burning. Grab them and start sliding on the ingredients. Add the chicken, pear, bread, garlic, and smoked sausage.
- Crack the egg in a bowl and whisk it. Place the skewers in a baking tray. Spread whisked egg over them.
- Add the skewers in the oven and cook them for 25 minutes.
- Serve them on a bed of celery and with a small drizzle of yogurt on top!