Calories: 343 kCal / serving
- 21 g
- 16 g
- 22 g
Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie1 puff pastry sheet 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 6 mushrooms 3 carrots 2 garlic cloves 2 spring onions 2 chicken breasts 1 egg 1 burger bun
How to Make Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Thaw the puff pastry.
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet to a medium high temperature.
- Chop the mushrooms and add them to the skillet.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, then add the sliced carrots.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper, and crush 2 garlic cloves over the skillet.
- Chop the spring onions and throw them in the skillet.
- Crush the tomatoes and add them to the skillet.
- Boil water in a saucepan to a high temperature.
- Cook the chicken breast in it.
- Cut the chicken breast in pieces and add them in the skillet.
- Sprinkle some more salt and pepper.
- Coat a saucepan with 2/3 of the puff pastry sheet.
- Add the chicken and carrot mixture in it.
- Cover the saucepan with the remaining puff pastry.
- Cut the edge of the puff pastry in strips and alternate: stick one in the middle and one on the exterior.
- Mix the egg and water to make egg wash.
- Use a brush to spread the egg wash on the pastry.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.