Calories: 861 kCal / serving
- 34 g
- 66 g
- 32 g
Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Mushroom Pie
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
7 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
10 ounces of chicken thigh, boneless and chopped
⅓ cup red wine
½ sheet of puff pastry, thawed
2 tablespoons of milk
How to Make Chicken and Mushroom Pie
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet. Add the onion and start cooking it. After 1 minute, add the sliced mushrooms and cook everything until the mushrooms turn light-brown. Season with salt and pepper, stir, then set them aside.
- Take another skillet and heat the remaining vegetable oil in it. Add the chicken thigh pieces, season them with salt and pepper, and start frying them. Stir often, until the chicken starts turn opaque-white, then add the fresh thyme and red wine.
- Cook the chicken until the wine reduces a little, then add about 1/4 cup of water and continue to cook the meat. When the liquid evaporates and the chicken pieces turn golden, add the cooked mushrooms. Stir to combine everything.
- Transfer the chicken and mushroom mixture to a small baking tray. Roll out the puff pastry sheet and use it to cover the mixture. Remove the excess edges of the puff pastry and prick with a fork, to allow the hot air to be released in the oven.
- Whisk the egg with milk and make some egg wash. Use it to coat the puff pastry crust. Bake the pie for 30 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.