Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Tricolor Penne
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 chicken breast, around 5 ounces
½ teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon butter
10 brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 ounces of tricolor penne
1 teaspoon parmesan, grated
How to Cook Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Tricolor Penne
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Cut the chicken breast into stripes and add them to the skillet.
- Cook the chicken until it turns an white opaque color, then add salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook the chicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add chili flakes by taste and cook until chicken turns golden-brown. Remove it from the stove and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, wash the Brussels sprouts and remove the outer layer of leaves. Cut off the brown stubs and slice in half.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, season them with salt and pepper, and mix.
- Add the lemon juice and stir.
- Add the chicken and chili slices. Mix to combine the flavors.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the penne, according to the instructions on the package.
- Strain the pasta and add them to the skillet.
- Add the coriander and mix.
- Serve the pasta with grated parmesan on top!