Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Bacon Pot Pie
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 bacon slices, chopped
5 ounces of chicken breast, cooked and shredded
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
6 sun-dried tomatoes es, sliced
10 green olives stuffed with pimento
½ cup tomato sauce
¼ cup cheddar, shredded
¼ puff pastry sheet, thawed
1 egg, whisked
How to Cook Chicken and Bacon Pot Pie
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and the cooked chicken. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add both bell peppers, the dried tomatoes, and green olives. Season with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Pour the tomato sauce and add the parsley. Cook everything for 2 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Transfer the mixture in a round ceramic baking dish, approximately 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) in diameter.
- Top it with the shredded Cheddar.
- Cut the puff pastry according to the diameter of the baking dish. Cover the dish with the pastry and secure it on the sides to fully cover it. Pierce the puff pastry with a fork. The small holes allow the hot air to come out from the inside.
- Spread the whisked egg on top using a silicone brush.
- Bake the dish for the next 25 minutes!