Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Turkey-Stuffed Sweet Potato Skins
2 large sweet potatoes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
10 ounces of turkey mince
2 teaspoons of cumin powder
¾ cup canned red beans
⅔ cup sweet corn
¼ cup tomato sauce
⅓ cup canned tomatoes
1 cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
1 spring onion, finely chopped for garnishing)
How to Cook Cheesy Turkey-Stuffed Sweet Potato Skins
- Place the sweet potatoes in a roomy baking dish. Poke holes in them with a fork, then roast for 30 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Place them on the work surface and horizontally cut them in half. Scoop the pulp out leaving a 0.5-inch wall. Set aside and don’t discard the pulp.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and stir it in.
- Add the turkey mince and turn the heat to medium. Cook and occasionally stir until it changes color. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin. Stir them in.
- Turn the heat back to low. Add the red beans and sweet corn. Stir them in. Do the same with the tomato sauce and canned tomatoes. Quickly mash the sweet potato pulp, then add it and stir it in.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the potato skins on it. Fill them with the cooked mixture and top with grated mozzarella.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Serve them with a dip and garnished with spring onion.