Cheesy Swineapple With Coconut Flakes
This guy needs a little more work to do in order to get it done but when you will have finished it, you’ll savor both your victory and an incredibly delicious dish. Flavor it with lemony sumac, sweetish Worcestershire sauce, and salty hoisin sauce. The bacon and tenderloin will do the rest. Just before roasting, coat with coconut flakes to emphasize the tropical touch. Impress your guests!
Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Swineapple With Coconut Flakes
7 ounces of pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon sumac
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 fresh thyme sprig (chopped)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 ounce of Cheddar, grated
9 ounces of bacon (18 strips)
2 tablespoons of coconut flakes
How to Make Cheesy Swineapple With Coconut Flakes
- Place the pork tenderloin on the work surface. Poke holes in it using the tip of a knife.
- Transfer it to a bowl. Add the sumac, Worcestershire sauce, hoisin sauce, thyme, and olive oil. Season with nutmeg and pepper.
- Coat the tenderloin with this mixture. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place the pineapple on the work surface. Cut the peel along the sides and on the bottom (you may need a very sharp knife). We’ll let the pineapple crown on.
- Hollow out the inside of the pineapple to a depth slightly smaller than the height of the actual fruit. When cutting it see to it that a 1/2 to 1-inch thick wall remains around the hole.
- Place the marinated tenderloin on the work surface and coat it with grated Cheddar. Stuff the pineapple with the pork. Set aside.
- Lay the bacon slices on the work surface horizontally and vertically, side by side, as close together as you can. Weave them so that in the end you’re left with a rectangular fabric that’s slightly wider than the height of the pineapple and twice as long.
- Carefully wrap the pineapple with the bacon weave. Secure the wrap with twine.
- Coat the wrapped pineapple with coconut flakes. Place the fruit in a standing position on a heat-proof pan or baking dish. Bake for 60 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Slice it carefully and serve.