Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Sausage and Bell Pepper Frittata
2 tablespoons of water
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
4 ounces of sweet Italian sausage
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
5 ounces of baby spinach
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Cook Cheesy Sausage and Bell Pepper Frittata
- Crack the eggs and add them to a bowl. Add salt, pepper, and about 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk them and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an ovenproof skillet and add the onion. Cook it until softened.
- Cut the sweet Italian sausages into pieces (1 inch/2.5 cm). Add them to the skillet, stir, and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper and fresh thyme. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach and saute until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Top with shredded Cheddar cheese and pour the whisked eggs into the skillet. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, until eggs are set on the bottom but the top remains slightly runny. Meanwhile, heat your broiler.
- Transfer the skillet to the broiler and cook for 5-10 minutes, until the eggs are set and golden. When ready, slice and serve.