Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Rice and Bean Bowl
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
7 ounces of canned red beans
2 ounces of sweet corn
2 teaspoons of enchilada sauce
2 garlic cloves
½ cup chicken stock
5 ounces of cooked rice
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ cup cheddar, shredded
How to Cook Cheesy Rice and Bean Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook it until golden and soft.
- Add the red beans, sweet corn, and enchilada sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Crush and then add the garlic, chicken stock, rice, and cumin seeds.
- Cook until the liquid reduces by half.
- Add the shredded Cheddar.
- Slide the skillet into the oven for the next 15 minutes.
- You can serve it with a touch of spring onion on top.