Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Potato and Beef Casserole
For the potatoes: 3 medium potatoes, cubed
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 bay leaves
4 sage leaves
4 fresh basil leaves For the beef: 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
7 ounces of beef tenderloin, cut into pieces
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 red chili, sliced
1 green chili, sliced
1 teaspoon soy sauce For the casserole: ⅔ cup parmesan, grated
5 ounces of cherry tomatoes
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Cook Cheesy Potato and Beef Casserole
- For the potatoes:
Fill a bigger cooking pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Add the potatoes, season with salt and peppercorns, then add the bay leaves, sage, and basil.
- Cook them until fork-tender, or for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Strain the cooked potatoes and set them aside.
- For the beef:
Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low-medium heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add the beef tenderloin. Stir it in, then season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the red and green chili and stir them in. Cook and stir until the meat is browned.
- Add the soy sauce, stir it in, and remove from heat.
- For the casserole:
Add the cooked potatoes to an 11 x 7 x 2 inches (28 x 18 x 5 cm) baking dish. Add the parmesan and beef. Mix until even using a spatula.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and top with low moisture mozzarella. Drizzle the tomatoes with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.