For the meat:
2 pounds of pork loin, cut into 8 slices
1 ½ cups of low moisture mozzarella, grated
For the bacon and mushroom mixture:
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
5 ounces of bacon, cut into lardons
1 onion, diced
2 fresh chilis, chopped
5 ounces of brown mushrooms, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon turmeric
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- For the meat:
Place 4 slices of pork loin into a 9-inch long oval baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, then evenly spread half a cup of grated mozzarella over it. Set it aside.
- For the bacon and mushroom mixture:
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the bacon. Stir until it starts changing color.
- Add the onion. Cook and stir until tender. Add the chili and brown mushrooms. Cook and stir for 1 minute or so.
- Add the heavy cream, turmeric, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, stir and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Layer 1/2 of the bacon-veggie mixture into the pork and mozzarella baking dish, add the other 4 pork slices and season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the with another half of cup of mozzarella, add the remaining bacon-veggie mixture, and top with the remaining mozzarella. Bake for 50 minutes at 370⁰F/185⁰C.