Cheesy Onion Soup
Inspired by the classic French onion soup, we give you this cheesy sensation. Topped with some melted provolone and flavored with thyme, Worcestershire, garlic, and butter, this soup definitely deserves a special occasion.
Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Onion Soup
2 red onions, thinly sliced
3 onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 ½ tablespoon of butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 slices of toast bread
½ cup provolone, shredded
How to Make Cheesy Onion Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook them for 2 minutes.
- Add the leek and butter and give it a good stir until the butter is melted. Add the garlic and thyme.
- Pour the Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the beef stock and bring to a boil. Take the skillet away from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Pour the soup into 2 ramekins or clay pots.
- Top them with a slice of toast bread and shredded provolone.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 15 minutes.