Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Onion Soup
2 red onions, thinly sliced
3 onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 ½ tablespoon of butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 slices of toast bread
½ cup provolone, shredded
How to Make Cheesy Onion Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook them for 2 minutes.
- Add the leek and butter and give it a good stir until the butter is melted. Add the garlic and thyme.
- Pour the Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the beef stock and bring to a boil. Take the skillet away from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Pour the soup into 2 ramekins or clay pots.
- Top them with a slice of toast bread and shredded provolone.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 15 minutes.