Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Mashed Potato and Eggplant Casserole
4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 large eggplant, cubed
4 medium potatoes, boiled
3 tablespoons of heavy cream
1 cup parmesan, grated
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
8 ounces of cheese, sliced (8 large slices)
½ cup cheddar, grated
1 spring onion, chopped
How to Make Cheesy Mashed Potato and Eggplant Casserole
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat and add the eggplant. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until softened.
- Add the boiled potatoes and the remaining oil to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the heavy cream and mash them.
- Add the parmesan and active dry yeast. Mash more until even and smooth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic paper. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Coat a 9-inch diameter baking dish with a very thin layer of oil using a cooking spray. Add a layer of mashed potatoes and spread it evenly using 1/2 of the whole quantity.
- Layer the cooked eggplant cubes on top. Cover with the cheese slices.
- Form the remaining mashed potatoes into balls. Place them on top of the cheese. Finally, top everything with grated cheddar.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C. Serve garnished with spring onion.