Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Macaroni Crispy Bites
14 ounces of macaroni
2 cups of milk
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup cheddar
extra virgin olive oil
1 cup flour
1 cup whisked eggs
1 cup panko
parmesan, grated (for serving)
fresh dill, chopped (for garnishing)
How to Cook Cheesy Macaroni Crispy Bites
- Add the macaroni into a cooking pot over low heat. Add the milk, nutmeg, and Cheddar. Stir once, then cover with the lid, and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Spray a 6-cup muffin pan with extra virgin olive oil. Fill each muffin cup with cooked macaroni. You can use 2 batches of 6 like we did or you can use a 12 cup pan. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Coat the cold macaroni muffins with flour, whisked eggs, and panko.
- Fill a cooking pot halfway with vegetable oil an heat it. Deep-fry the coated macaroni muffins until golden brown.
- Serve them sprinkled with grated parmesan and garnished with fresh dill.