20 ounces of garden sorrel leaves
½ cup green lentils, boiled
1 cup black rice, boiled
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped
½ cup cottage cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup basil marinara sauce
¼ cup parmesan, grated
- Fill a medium-sized pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the garden sorrel and boil it for 2 minutes. Transfer the leaves on a plate and set them aside.
- Add the lentils, black rice, garlic, mint, cottage cheese, and olive oil to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even.
- Wrap approximately 1 tablespoon of rice mixture in a garden sorrel leaf. Do the same with the remaining leaves and rice composition. We’ve ended up with 20 rolls, but your numbers may vary slightly.
- Transfer the rolls to a baking dish. Pour the marinara sauce over them and top with grated parmesan.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.