Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Leek Puff Pastry Pie
7 ounces of puff pastry
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large leek, sliced
1 spring onion, chopped
½ cup heavy cream
1 ½ cups of low moisture mozzarella, grated
2 ounces of white asparagus, cut into thin strips
How to Cook Cheesy Leek Puff Pastry Pie
- Line an 8 x 4 x 1.5 inches cake pan with puff pastry sheet and trim the edges. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and fill with dried beans. Bake for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the leek and spring onion. Cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Season with salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Cook and stir for 2 – 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the eggs to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, add the heavy cream and whisk until even.
- Remove and discard the parchment paper and beans from the cake pan. Fill the crust with 1 cup of equally-spread grated mozzarella, add the cooked vegetables, and white asparagus strips.
- Pour the batter over them and top with the remaining mozzarella. Bake for 30 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.