Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Ground Beef Pot Pie
For the ground beef mixture:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 ounces of pancetta, diced
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 pound ground beef
½ cup tomato sauce
⅓ cup white wine
For the pot pie:
2 pizza doughs (7 ounces each)
2 cooked lasagna sheets, halved
1 cup béchamel sauce
4 ounces of gouda (some 12 slices)
2 tablespoons of pesto
1 cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
½ cup parmesan, grated
1 egg for the egg wash
1 tablespoon milk for the egg wash
How to Make Cheesy Ground Beef Pot Pie
- For the ground beef mixture:
Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the pancetta, and stir a little. Add the onion, then cook and stir until tender.
- Add the tomato paste and stir a little, then add the ground beef. Break it into smaller pieces, stir gently, and cook it until browned.
- Season with the salt and pepper, add the tomato sauce and stir for a minute or so. Also, add the white wine, stir just a little, then remove from heat.
- For the pot pie:
Line a 9-inch diameter baking dish with one pizza dough, add the halved lasagna sheets, then layer 1/2 of the ground beef mixture.
- Continue by adding 1/2 cup Bechamel sauce and then 4 slices of gouda, which you coat with 1 tablespoon pesto.
- Uniformly spread the grated low moisture mozzarella, add other 4 slices of gouda, and layer the remaining ground beef mixture. Add the remaining bechamel sauce, the remaining slices of gouda, and cover these with the remaining pesto.
- Top with the grated parmesan and cover with the second pizza dough. Seal the formed dough pot by binding both doughs’ rims together.
- For the egg wash: add the egg and milk to a smaller bowl and mix them.
- Coat the top dough with egg wash using a brush. Decorate it by drawing shallow lines, then poke holes in it using a fork. Bake for 55 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.