Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Eggplant
1 medium eggplant
2 teaspoons of olive oil
10 ounces of chicken breast, cubed
1 red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
3 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
5 cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup tomato sauce
3 ounces of prosciutto, sliced
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
How to Cook Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Eggplant
- Place the eggplant on your work surface and cut it lengthwise in half. Scoop out most of the pulp and discard it.
- Place the scooped out halves into a baking dish and season them with salt and pepper. Drizzle them with olive oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Heat 1 – 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the cubed chicken breast.
- Cook and stir until golden brown. Transfer the chicken pieces to a bowl.
- Add the chopped onion to the same skillet and lower the heat. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, dried tomatoes, and cherry tomatoes. Cook and stir for up to one minute.
- Add the cooked meat and tomato sauce. Cook and stir until it starts to bubble.
- Line the roasted eggplant halves with the prosciutto slices. Fill them with the chicken and veggie mixture. Top with grated mozzarella.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.