Calories: 489 kCal / serving
- 34 g
- 23 g
- 35 g
Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
14 ounces of cooked chicken breast
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup canned tomatoes
9 tortilla wraps
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
1 cup cheddar, shredded
3 ounces of tortilla chips
How to Make Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook it for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and season it with paprika, garlic powder, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add the canned tomatoes and cook everything on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Spread the remaining vegetable oil with a brush over a large baking tray.
- Lay 6 of the tortilla wraps over the baking tray slightly overlapping each other. Make sure they fully cover the bottom of the baking tray.
- Evenly spread 2/3 of the shredded mozzarella and Cheddar over the tortillas. Add the cooked chicken, the remaining shredded cheese and the crushed tortilla chips.
- Cover the mixture with the remaining tortilla wraps. Fold the sides of the other wraps, fully covering the meat and cheese mixture.
- Use something heavy (and heat resistant) to press the dish and slide it into the oven with the respective weight as well.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 20 minutes.