Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Chicken Chimichangas
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
10 ounces of chicken breast, horizontally halved
⅔ cup salsa
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 medium spring onions, chopped
1 cup cheddar, grated
2 tablespoons of melted butter
⅔ cup sour cream
2 medium tomatoes, minced
½ cup guacamole
How to Cook Cheesy Chicken Chimichangas
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the chicken. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper in the process.
- Transfer on chopping board and cut into slices.
- Add the chopped chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, spring onion, and cheddar to a bowl. Mix until even.
- Distribute the meat mixture between tortillas. For each tortilla, cover the filling by folding 2 opposing sides, then rolling up.
- Place the tortilla wraps in a roomy baking dish, coat with melted butter, and bake for 25 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Serve them garnished with sour cream, diced tomatoes, and guacamole.