Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Chicken Breast With Mint Sauce
6 ounces of chicken breast
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
⅔ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon mint syrup
6 mint leaves
1 cheddar slice
1 bacon slice
1 mozzarella slice
1 halloumi cheese slice
How to Cook Cheesy Chicken Breast With Mint Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Fry the bacon slice until golden and crispy.
- Grill the halloumi cheese, turning occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, until grill marks appear.
- Make superficial cuts on the chicken breast. They should be about 0.5 inch (1.25 cm) deep.
- Heat a skillet and add the vegetable oil. Start cooking the meat and season it with salt and pepper. Cook it for about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken, and in the remaining fat pour the heavy cream. Bring to a boil. Shred some lime zest, add the syrup and some fresh mint. Reduce the heat and give it a good stir. The sauce needs to be nice and smooth. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray. Fill its empty pockets with bacon and all types of cheese.
- Bake it in the oven for the next 10 minutes.
- Serve it with a nice drizzle of mint sauce!