Cheesy Chicken and Potato Bake
What can you make with some frozen potatoes and a bit of chicken? How about you try this delicious casserole. It’s also got a touch of bacon, mozzarella, Cheddar, and yogurt. It might not be the lightest dish you’ve tried, but it makes up in flavor.
Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Chicken and Potato Bake
14 ounces of frozen potato
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
9 ounces of chicken breast, cubed
2 spring onions s, chopped
1 cup cheddar, shredded
4 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, sliced
4 tablespoons of yogurt
6 bacon slices, chopped
How to Make Cheesy Chicken and Potato Bake
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and evenly spread the frozen potatoes. Sprinkle a bit of salt over them.
- Roast them for the next 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic slices and stir.
- Add the chicken cubes, season with salt and pepper, and cook them for 15 minutes, stirring often, until the chicken pieces turn golden.
- Add the chopped spring onion and cook it for 2-3 more minutes.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and transfer them in a ceramic baking tray. Don’t turn off the heat.
- Top the potatoes with half of the Cheddar and mozzarella. Next, evenly spread the chicken on top of the cheese. Spread the yogurt over the chicken.
- Top with the remaining cheese and chopped bacon.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 10 minutes, so that the cheese can properly melt.