Cheesy Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
Being a vegetarian is tough because many times you feel that your options are so limited. But, there are lots of filling vegetarian meals, that make meat totally forgettable. Take this casserole for example, that brings together 2 veggies many of us consider as bland and uninteresting. But this casserole really makes them shine in a delicious way!
Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
2 tablespoons of butter
4 garlic cloves, sliced
¼ cup flour
1 cup milk
½ teaspoon chili flakes
10 ounces of broccoli florets
10 ounces of cauliflower florets
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
½ cup cheddar, shredded
1 tablespoon panko
1 teaspoon olive oil
fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Cheesy Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the butter and melt it.
- Add the garlic cloves and cook them for 30 seconds, then add the flour. Whisk everything until the mixture becomes golden.
- Slowly pour 1/2 cup of milk while whisking until you obtain a thick sauce.
- Season with chili flakes and add the broccoli. Add the remaining milk, stir, then leave it on heat for 2 minutes. Pour everything into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
Add the cauliflower florets to a glass baking dish. Pour the broccoli mixture over it. Top it with shredded Cheddar, mozzarella, panko, and olive oil. Bake the casserole for 25 minutes.
- You can garnish it with some chopped parsley.