Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
2 tablespoons of butter
4 garlic cloves, sliced
¼ cup flour
1 cup milk
½ teaspoon chili flakes
10 ounces of broccoli florets
10 ounces of cauliflower florets
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
½ cup cheddar, shredded
1 tablespoon panko
1 teaspoon olive oil
fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Cheesy Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the butter and melt it.
- Add the garlic cloves and cook them for 30 seconds, then add the flour. Whisk everything until the mixture becomes golden.
- Slowly pour 1/2 cup of milk while whisking until you obtain a thick sauce.
- Season with chili flakes and add the broccoli. Add the remaining milk, stir, then leave it on heat for 2 minutes. Pour everything into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
Add the cauliflower florets to a glass baking dish. Pour the broccoli mixture over it. Top it with shredded Cheddar, mozzarella, panko, and olive oil. Bake the casserole for 25 minutes.
- You can garnish it with some chopped parsley.