Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Beef Stuffed Pasta Shells
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon red peppercorns, crushed
3.5 ounces of provolone, diced
1 ounce butter
¼ cup flour
½ cup milk
14 ounces of cooked pasta shells
½ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Cook Cheesy Beef Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red peppercorns. Cook the meat until well browned.
- Add the diced provolone and parsley. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Next, heat a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the butter and melt it.
- Add the flour and whisk vigorously until you obtain a pale-yellow colored mixture.
- Pour the milk and whisk to incorporate it into the mixture. When it becomes smooth, season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cooked pasta shells with the ground beef.
- Add the pasta shells in a baking dish and drizzle with the bechamel sauce. Add the shredded parmesan on top!
- Slide the dish into the oven for the next 20 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.