Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Asparagus Patties
For the patties:
1 pound asparagus spears
1 cup parmesan, grated
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the yogurt sauce:
⅔ cup yogurt
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
How to Make Cheesy Asparagus Patties
- Fill a medium pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil. Add the halved asparagus and boil for 6-8 minutes.
- For the patties:
Chop the cooked asparagus and add it to a bowl. Also, add the parmesan, breadcrumbs, fresh parsley, and 1 egg. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even.
- Add the other egg and mix a little more. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat. Place a 3 x 2 inch (8 x 5 cm) cookie cutter into the skillet. Add 2-3 tablespoons of asparagus mixture and press. You can make yours thicker and add more mixture.
- Do the same for a second patty. Fry them for 3 minutes on each side, or until they’re golden brown. We’ve made 2 batches of 2 patties each.
- For the yogurt sauce:
Add the yogurt, garlic, fresh dill, lemon juice, and lemon zest to a smaller bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until smooth.
- Serve the patties with yogurt sauce. Optionally, garnish with lemon wedges.