Ingredients Needed for Cheesesteak and Mushrooms in Bread
1 cup flour
10 ounces of beef
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
½ cup mushroom
1 teaspoon thyme
1 cup beef stock
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
How to Cook Cheesesteak and Mushrooms in Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Put the flour in a large bowl. Mix it with salt and pepper, according to your taste.
- Coat the beef, cut in medium pieces, in the flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet, to a medium temperature. Fry the beef in the skillet, for 2-3 minutes on each side, while stirring.
- Dice the onions and fry them in a cast iron skillet, until it becomes translucent. Add the mushrooms. Stir until the onions and mushrooms are a golden color.
- Pour the beef stock in the skillet. Add the heavy cream and stir. Sprinkle some fresh parsley. Let the meat and the mushrooms soak in the flavors for about 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the top part of the bread and scoop out the interior. Place the meat and the mushroom mix inside. Add two slices of cheese on top.
- Cook it in the oven for 25 minutes.