Ingredients Needed for Cheeseburger Casserole
7 ounces of ground beef
vegetable oil for frying
6 burger buns
10 ounces of frozen french fries
¼ cup milk
7 ounces of puff pastry
¼ cup flour
¼ cup tomato sauce
7 ounces of low moisture mozzarella
How to Cook Cheeseburger Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Shape the ground beef into 6 burger patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the patties on both sides until golden-brown.
- Halve the burger buns horizontally and place the patties in the middle of each bun.
- Add vegetable oil in a deep skillet and deep-fry the fries.
- Lay a large plate with paper towels.
- When the fries turn golden, take them out on the plate, so the paper towels absorb the excess oil.
- Whisk the eggs with milk and make some egg wash.
- Flour your countertop and place the puff pastry on it. Also flour the puff pastry, then roll it out using a rolling pin.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on the bottom and edges of a square baking dish.
- Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Spread tomato sauce on the puff pastry sheet.
- Add a layer of French fries.
- Place the burgers in the dish, then cut each burger into quarters.
- Pour the egg wash over them.
- Bake the casserole for 20 minutes.
- When the time’s up, remove the dish from the oven and top the burgers with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake it for 10 more minutes.