Cheese-Filled Deep-Fried Eggplant Rounds
Deep-fried anything has a great flavor and crunchy texture. But if that something is actually eggplant rounds, you can add an extra layer of nutrition to this dish. But we left the best for last! Because the eggplant rounds have a cheesy filling, made with a mixture of parmesan, Cheddar, and cheese. So for every crunch, you also get a soft, creamy bite!
Ingredients Needed for Cheese-Filled Deep-Fried Eggplant Rounds
4 basil leaves
½ cup cream cheese
1 ounce parmesan, grated
1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons of milk
½ cup flour
½ cup breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Cheese-Filled Deep-Fried Eggplant Rounds
- Chop the basil leaves. Add them in a bowl with cream cheese, parmesan, cheddar cheese, one egg, salt, and pepper. Mix using a fork.
- Slice the eggplant.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture and spread it on one eggplant slice. Top it with another eggplant slice. Repet with the remaining ingredients, until you use them up.
- Mix the remaining egg with milk and whisk to make egg wash.
- Coat each eggplant sandwich with flour, then with egg wash and finally with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot and deep-fry the eggplant rounds.
- Serve them with a dip or fresh salad.