Ingredients Needed for Cheese-Filled Deep-Fried Eggplant Rounds
4 basil leaves
½ cup cream cheese
1 ounce parmesan, grated
1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons of milk
½ cup flour
½ cup breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
How to Cook Cheese-Filled Deep-Fried Eggplant Rounds
- Chop the basil leaves. Add them in a bowl with cream cheese, parmesan, cheddar cheese, one egg, salt, and pepper. Mix using a fork.
- Slice the eggplant.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture and spread it on one eggplant slice. Top it with another eggplant slice. Repet with the remaining ingredients, until you use them up.
- Mix the remaining egg with milk and whisk to make egg wash.
- Coat each eggplant sandwich with flour, then with egg wash and finally with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot and deep-fry the eggplant rounds.
- Serve them with a dip or fresh salad.