Ingredients Needed for Cheese and Kale Flatbread
1 tablespoon dried yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons of milk
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup water
0.5 ounce butter
1 rosemary sprig
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup mozzarella, shredded
¼ cup cheddar, shredded
3 ounces of kale
How to Cook Cheese and Kale Flatbread
- Thinly slice the olives.
- Add the sugar and yeast in a small bowl. Add milk and gently mix to dissolve the yeast.
- Add the flour into your food processor.
- Add the wet yeast and turn on the mixer.
- Slowly pour the flour and olive oil while mixing.
- Mix until the ingredients combine into a smooth, sticky dough.
- Add the sliced olives and mix them into the dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and melt it. Add the rosemary sprig and leave it in the pan for 1 minute.
- Take it out and pour the heavy cream. Reduce the heat and add the mozzarella and Cheddar. Stir until the mixture is smooth and thick, and bring it to a fondue-like consistency. Season with salt and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Dust your working space with flour.
- Level the dough with a rolling pin, making it as thin as you like. We prefer it around 0.2 inches (0.5 cm) thick.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the dough on top. Evenly spread the cheese mixture over the dough.
- Top it with kale and chili flakes.
- Bake it for 25 minutes!