Ingredients Needed for Cheddar Tart
1 ½ cups of flour
1 ounce butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cold water
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon mustard
1 ½ cups of cheddar, shredded
1 spring onion, chopped
How to Cook Cheddar Tart
- Sift the flour through a strainer in a large bowl. Add the butter and sugar, and slowly start mixing with the tip of your fingers, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Pour the water and again, use your finger to mix until you obtain a smooth dough.
- Add the eggs in a large bowl. Pour the heavy cream over them and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth and refrigerate it.
- Grease a round tart tin, approximately 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter, with butter.
- Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C.
- Dust flour on your working surface. Grab the dough and level it with a rolling pin. Level it until you obtain the same diameter as your tart tin.
- Place the dough in the tin, covering the bottom and its sides. Pinch the bottom with a fork. Spread mustard on the bottom of the tart crust.
- Top it with shredded Cheddar and the chopped onion. Pour the egg and cream mixture.
- Slide the tray into the oven and cook it for the next 35 minutes!
- You can serve it topped with toasted pine nuts.