Ingredients Needed for Cheddar Magic Spheres
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup milk
3 ounces of cheddar
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup shredded mozzarella
¼ cup egg wash
1 cup vegetable oil
How to Cook Cheddar Magic Spheres
- Boil water in a saucepan or pot. Put the 3 peeled and halved potatoes in and reduce the heat to low to maintain a simmer and cover the pot.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until you can easily poke through the potatoes with a fork.
- Put them in a bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the sea salt. And then the milk. Mix it all up until you have a paste.
- Cut the Cheddar in about 6 cubes. Take a small amount of mixture with your hand. Put a cube of Cheddar cheese in the middle and fold.
- Roll about 6 Cheddar and potato balls.
- To make the egg wash, whisk an egg with a splash of water or milk until it has a pale yellow color and it’s perfectly mixed.
- Dip the balls in the breadcrumbs, then in the egg wash and, finally, in the shredded mozzarella.
- Heat the vegetable oil in an iron-cast skillet. Cook the Cheddar magic spheres until golden brown. Put them on kitchen paper towels, to remove the oil excess.
- Serve with hot chili sauce or your favorite dip.