Ingredients Needed for Chapati With Kalonji and Garlic
2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1 tablespoon yogurt
3 teaspoons of vegetable oil
¾ cup warm water
2 teaspoons of kalonji seeds
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 teaspoons of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons of butter
How to Cook Chapati With Kalonji and Garlic
- Strain the flour into a bowl, adding salt and baking soda.
- Add powdered sugar, yogurt, and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil. Mix for 30 seconds, then add the warm water.
- Mix and knead using your hands until you have a dough. Let it rise for 3-4 hours.
- Dust the work surface with some flour. Cut the lump of dough in two. Flatten one of them using a rolling pin.
- Heat the remaining teaspoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over low-medium heat. Place the dough disc inside it and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Kalonji seeds.
- Add 2 chopped garlic cloves and 1 teaspoon of coriander leaves. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Follow the same steps for the remaining dough.
- Serve them warm, each smeared with 1 tablespoon of butter.