Ingredients Needed for Chanterelle Mushrooms en Papillote
2 teaspoons of butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 ounces of chanterelle mushrooms
2 jalapenos, sliced
1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
⅓ cup cream cheese
2 teaspoons of fresh thyme, chopped
4 phyllo sheets
4 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
⅓ cup melted butter
How to Make Chanterelle Mushrooms en Papillote
- Add the butter and vegetable oil to a skillet over low heat. As the butter melts add the Chanterelles and stir them in.
- Add the jalapeno, season with salt, Cajun seasoning, and pepper. Cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder and parsley. Stir them in.
- Blend the mixture until smooth, then transfer it to a bowl.
- Add the cream cheese and thyme. Mix until even.
- Line a small bowl with 1 sheet of phyllo pastry. Add about 1/4 from the Chanterelle mixture and top with 1 ounce of crumbled feta.
- Fold the phyllo around the mixture and seal it with a cord so that it forms a pouch.
- Do the same for the remaining 3 phyllo sheets. Place them in a roomy baking dish and coat them with melted butter. Bake for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.