Calories: 382 kCal / serving
- 29 g
- 17 g
- 23 g
Ingredients Needed for Celery Root and Ricotta Muffins
1 celery root
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, julienne sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sugar
3.5 ounces of ricotta
1 ounce - chia seeds
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ cup parmesan, shredded
1 tablespoon flax seed
How to Make Celery Root and Ricotta Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Slice the celery root in 0.4 inch (1 cm) thick slices. Cut the slices into halves.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the sliced celery root on it.
- Season with salt and a light drizzle of olive oil.
- Roast the celery root for the next 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and cook it until softens.
- Add the sugar and cook until the onion is caramelized.
- Place the caramelized onion in a large bowl. Add the ricotta cheese, chia seeds, the eggs, half of your parmesan, and season with thyme and basil.
- Mix everything using a wooden spoon.
- Remove the roasted celery root from the oven, then heat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Next mash the roasted celery root until smooth.
- Grab 6 cupcake silicone molds. Fill around half of each slot with the mashed celery root. Fill the remaining space with the ricotta and onion mixture.
- Garnish with the remaining parmesan, and flaxseeds.
- Cook the muffins for the next 35 minutes!