Celery Carbonara Casserole
This casserole is so tasty that you won’t believe it has no gluten in it! Instead of spaghetti, we used celery noodles. Cashew sauce gives it a cheesy and nutty flavor, and the bacon completes the taste!
Ingredients Needed for Celery Carbonara Casserole
½ celery root
½ cup cashews
⅓ cup almond milk
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 slices nitrate-free bacon, chopped
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon organic butter
How to Make Celery Carbonara Casserole
- Add the cashew nuts to a bowl and cover with warm water. Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
- Meanwhile, peel and spiralize your celery root. Set aside the noodles you obtained.
- Strain the cashew and add it to a food processor. Also, add the eggs, almond milk, and nutritional yeast. Process for 30 seconds until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and fry the nitrate-free bacon. Add the onion and cook it until softens. Add the organic butter, sea salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 1 more minute, on low heat.
- Transfer the celeriac noodles and the cooked bacon and onion mixture to a large bowl. Pour the cashew mixture over the noodles. Stir everything.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
Very tasty and nutritious
We thank you, Alex. Enjoy it!