Cauliflower and Potato Tart
Although not as often heard of as the sweet-tart, the savory one can make for a wonderful scrumptious dish. Use baked shredded potatoes as a base and a buttery cauliflower leaf, sour cream, and egg mixture as filling. Top with cauliflower florets and two types of cheese, bake again and enjoy.
Ingredients Needed for Cauliflower and Potato Tart
3 potatoes, shredded
4 whisked eggs
4 tablespoons of sour cream
1 whole cauliflower
1 ounce butter
2 tablespoons of flour
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
2 tablespoons of parmesan, grated
How to Make Cauliflower and Potato Tart
- Add the potatoes, 2 whisked eggs, and 2 tablespoons of sour cream to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch diameter baking dish or tart pan and evenly spread it. Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Fill a cooking pot halfway with water, salt it and heat it. Add the cauliflower florets and boil for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Fill a cooking pot halfway with water, salt it and heat it. Add the cauliflower leaves and boil for 10 minutes.
- Transfer them on the work surface and chop them. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat, add the flour and mix. Gradually add the milk while continuing to mix.
- Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir in.
- Add the cauliflower leaves and stir them in.
- Quickly mix together the remaining whisked eggs and sour cream in a small bowl, then pour into the pan. Cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add this mixture on top of the cooked potato base and evenly spread it. Top with cooked cauliflower, parmesan and mozzarella then bake for 40 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
Where do the mozzarella and parm come in? Do you top the cauliflower with them?
Exactly, Maureen! We missed that in the step description. We fixed this in the text.