1 large sweet pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium onion, quartered
2 large carrots, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
2 ½ cups of vegetable stock
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 ½ cups of coconut milk
¼ cup tahini
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the pepper in a roomy baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Place the cooked pepper on the work surface, seed it and discard the stem. Chop it an add it to a pot over low heat.
- Also, add the onion and carrots and stir them in. Season with salt and pepper and keep adding the garlic, ginger, and paprika. Stir them in.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cover with the lid and boil for 25 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, coconut milk, tahini, and lemon juice. Stir them in. Cover with the lid and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. You can serve it with heavy cream. Optionally garnish it with pumpkin seeds, almonds and/or spring onion.