Carrot and Parsnip Cream Soup
A velvety and nutritious cream soup will surely beat the winter chill or any chill for that matter. Just cook together and mash carrots, parsnip, and shallots, flavor them generously and you’re bound for a warming experience.
Ingredients Needed for Carrot and Parsnip Cream Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 shallots, sliced
4 carrots, sliced
1 parsnip, sliced
1 tablespoon ginger, shredded
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon curry
1 teaspoon paprika
sour cream for serving
How to Make Carrot and Parsnip Cream Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over low-medium heat.
- Add the garlic and shallot. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the carrots, parsnip, and ginger. Stir in and add approximately 3 cups of water.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until 2/3 of the water evaporated. Mash the cooked veggies with a hand blender.
- Season with the nutmeg, curry, and paprika. Mix some more.
- Serve the soup with sour cream to taste and garnished with chopped parsley.