Ingredients Needed for Carrot and Parsnip Cream Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 shallots, sliced
4 carrots, sliced
1 parsnip, sliced
1 tablespoon ginger, shredded
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon curry
1 teaspoon paprika
sour cream for serving
How to Make Carrot and Parsnip Cream Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over low-medium heat.
- Add the garlic and shallot. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the carrots, parsnip, and ginger. Stir in and add approximately 3 cups of water.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until 2/3 of the water evaporated. Mash the cooked veggies with a hand blender.
- Season with the nutmeg, curry, and paprika. Mix some more.
- Serve the soup with sour cream to taste and garnished with chopped parsley.