Calories: 521 kCal / serving
- 12 g
- 50 g
- 29 g
Ingredients Needed for Caramelized Pork Ribs
1 pound pork ribs
1.25 inches of - ginger root
3 garlic cloves, peeled
½ teaspoon chili flakes
2 star anise
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 spring onions
½ cup chicken stock
How to Make Caramelized Pork Ribs
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Lay the pork ribs in it. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and slice the ginger root horizontally, and then add the slices to the skillet. Fry them for 2-3 minutes.
- Throw in the garlic cloves (uncrushed), chili flakes, star anises, honey, and soy sauce. Stir and cook them together for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the spring onions into thin slices, then throw those into the skillet (Keep some for garnishing). Mix and cook for a few more minutes.
- Transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve the pork ribs warm. Before serving, garnish with some fresh spring onion.