Caramelized Onion Dip
Looking for a nice dip to help nachos melt in your mouth? Why not try this recipe for caramelized onion dip? All you need to do is to caramelize a chopped onion, and then mix it with a bit of cream cheese, sour cream, spices, and herbs. Try it and see if you like it.
Ingredients Needed for Caramelized Onion Dip
1 tablespoon butter
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup white wine
1 tablespoon honey
10 ounces of cream cheese
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ cup sour cream
How to Make Caramelized Onion Dip
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add butter in it and melt it.
- Add the red onion, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Add the white wine and honey.
- Cook until the wine reduces and the onion caramelizes.
- Add the cream cheese into a bowl. Add parsley, cayenne pepper, and sour cream.
- Mix until smooth. Add the caramelized onion and mix it into the cream cheese sauce.