Ingredients Needed for Caramelized Apples
2 rosemary sprigs
2 teaspoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of cognac
¼ cup vodka
2 tablespoons of raisin
How to Cook Caramelized Apples
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Use an apple corer to remove the cores of the apples.
- Place them in 2 separate ramekins, and add them inside a small baking tray.
- Place the rosemary sprigs inside the apples, and top them with brown sugar and cognac.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake them for the next 20 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and slice them in halves.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and pour the apple syrup left from the apples. Bring it to a boil, place the apples in the skillet skin-side up and pour the vodka.
- Use a lighter to flambe the vodka. Cook the apples until the flame disappears. (If you don’t feel up to, you can skip the flambe part).
- When serving the apples, take out the rosemary, and serve them with a few raisins on top.
- If you want, you can sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.