Ingredients Needed for Caramel Nut Tart
3.5 ounces of walnuts
5 ounces of almonds
4 ounces of macadamia
1 ½ cups of flour
4 ounces of butter
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 cup sugar
½ cup water
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons of raisins
How to Cook Caramel Nut Tart
- Add the walnuts, almonds, and macadamia nuts in a baking dish.
- Slide the dish into the oven and bake the nuts for the next 20 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Sift the flour through a strainer and place it in your food processor.
- Add the butter, egg yolk, a tablespoon of water, and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Dust your working space with flour and lay the dough on it. Use your hands and shape the dough into a ball. Wrap it in plastic foil. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Lay the dough on your working space and level it until thin.
- Lay it in a round tart dish, approximately 12 inches (30 cm in diameter).
- Remove the excess dough and level it well. Pinch with a fork.
- Slide the dish into the oven and bake it for 25 minutes at 330 degrees F/165 degrees C.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and add the sugar in it. Add the remaining water and heat it until bubbles start forming at the surface.
- Give it a good stir, and add the whipping cream. Cook on low heat for 25 minutes to obtain a smooth caramel.
- Add the roasted nuts and raisins over the tart crust.
- Pour the caramel and bake it again, this time for 25 minutes at 330 degrees F/165 degrees C.