Fresh mozzarella has a soft texture and a delicate flavor. It’s not mandatory to use both ovoline and perline mozzarella for the salad, but they look nice on the plate. Still, we suggest to combine those two mozzarella types and serve it when you feel the need to pamper yourself.
Ingredients Needed for Caprese Salad
4 cherry tomatoes
6 ounces of fresh mozzarella (1 ovoline, 5 perline)
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
How to Make Caprese Salad
- Slice the tomatoes and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Slice the mozzarella ovoline and halve the perline.
- Arrange the tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella on a plate. Add the basil.
- Combine extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt in a small bowl. Stir and use this dressing for the Caprese salad.
- If necessary, season with some more salt and pepper.