Ingredients Needed for Cantaloupe Mousse
3 gelatin sheets
¾ cup water
2 ounces of raspberry
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1 ounce butter
2 egg whites
⅓ cup sugar
7 ounces of oreos
How to Cook Cantaloupe Mousse
- Soak the gelatin sheets for 5-10 minutes in water using a bowl or another dish.
- Cut the cantaloupe in half, seed it, cut it into wedges and peel it. Cut the pulp into cubes.
- Transfer the cubed pulp to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a cooking pot over low heat. Add the raspberries and powdered sugar. Flavor with vanilla extract and orange extract. Stir in.
- Add the butter and stir it in. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the soaked gelatin sheets and stir it in. Strain this mixture in a bowl and discard the resulting pulp and seeds. Set aside.
- Add the egg whites to the mixer bowl and start whisking. Gradually add the sugar in the process. Whisk until firm.
- Gradually pour the strained raspberry mixture into the whisked egg bowl and mix using a spatula. Keep mixing until even.
- Add the Oreos to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve the mousse in glasses, topped with blended Oreos. Optionally garnish with more raspberries and one or two Oreo cookies.