Ingredients Needed for Butternut Squash Risotto
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
6 ounces of butternut squash, small dices
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon brown sugar
¼ cup white wine
1 cup risotto rice
2 cups of vegetable stock
½ cup parmesan, shredded
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 ounces of goat cheese
How to Cook Butternut Squash Risotto
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and melt it.
- Add the diced squash, onion, and cook them together for 2 minutes, stirring in the process.
- Add the brown sugar, pour the wine, and add the risotto rice.
- Pour the vegetable stock and cook for 20-25 minutes, while stirring in the process.
- Add the shredded parmesan, parsley, and a bit more butter if you want the risotto creamier. Keep it on heat for 1-2 more minutes.
- Heat the oil in a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Add the goat cheese and season it with pepper.
- Cook it until golden and crispy. Serve it on top of the butternut squash risotto.