Ingredients Needed for Butternut Squash and Pecan Tart
1 tablespoon butter
1 puff pastry sheet
1 pound butternut squash puree
½ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ cup milk
¼ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
2 ounces of pecan nut
How to Make Butternut Squash and Pecan Tart
- Butter a 9-inch (23 cm) tart pan, line it with the puff pastry sheet, press it on the sides, and slice off the excess pastry. Prick the pastry sheet in several places using a fork. Place a parchment paper sheet over the tart pan and fill it with raw beans, then bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the pureed squash, eggs, and brown sugar to a bowl and mix them using a spatula.
- Keep adding the cinnamon, cornstarch, some nutmeg, milk, heavy cream, and ginger. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove the parchment paper with beans from the tart pan and pour the squash-egg cream into the crust. Bake for 60 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- Sift the powdered sugar over the tart and top it with the pecan nuts.