Buttercream-Topped Pecan Cookies
Pecans are probably our favorite nuts, and there’s a big reason for that. They’re full of flavor, and roasting them, really helps to enhance their nutty taste. Today, we’ve tried them on top of some homemade cookies, along with some delicious buttercream. They were gone in no time.
Ingredients Needed for Buttercream-Topped Pecan Cookies
For the cookies:
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3.5 ounces of butter
1 cup pecan nut
For the buttercream:
1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
5 ounces of butter
How to Make Buttercream-Topped Pecan Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Sift the flour through a strainer and place it in a large bowl. Add the salt, baking soda, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix these dry ingredients and add the eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter. Whisk everything until you obtain a smooth, golden-colored dough.
- Add 3/4 of the pecans and incorporate them into the dough.
- Use a scoop and shape the dough into 1.5 inches (4 cm) thick balls. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the balls on the tray.
- Bake the cookies for the next 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can take care of the buttercream. Add the powdered sugar in a large bowl. Mix everything with a spatula until smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle the remaining pecans on top of the cookies after they’re done!