Ingredients Needed for Buttercream-Topped Pecan Cookies
For the cookies:
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3.5 ounces of butter
1 cup pecan nut
For the buttercream:
1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
5 ounces of butter
How to Cook Buttercream-Topped Pecan Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Sift the flour through a strainer and place it in a large bowl. Add the salt, baking soda, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix these dry ingredients and add the eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter. Whisk everything until you obtain a smooth, golden-colored dough.
- Add 3/4 of the pecans and incorporate them into the dough.
- Use a scoop and shape the dough into 1.5 inches (4 cm) thick balls. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the balls on the tray.
- Bake the cookies for the next 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can take care of the buttercream. Add the powdered sugar in a large bowl. Mix everything with a spatula until smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle the remaining pecans on top of the cookies after they’re done!