Ingredients Needed for Butter and Wine Braised Sea Bream
1 whole sea bream cleaned and gutted, around 1.5 pounds (700 grams)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
5 cherry tomatoes
5 asparagus spears
1 green chili
1 cup white wine
1 butter stick
How to Make Butter and Wine Braised Sea Bream
- Lay the sea bream on a wooden board. Superficially score it around 0.4 inches (1 cm).
- Pour a small drizzle of olive oil (around 1 tablespoon) over the fish and generously rub it with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Lay the fish and flip it when it turns golden. Add the cherry tomatoes, asparagus, green chili, and thyme.
- Pour the white wine and cover it with a lid. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the butter stick and gently over the fish’s surface until it melts.
- Turn off the heat, lay the fish on a plate and serve it!