2 medium zucchini
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small red onion, diced
2 small carrots, diced
3 ounces of cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 red chili, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup bulgur
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
1 cup vegetable stock
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¾ cup parmesan, grated
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the zucchinis on the work surface and chop off their ends. Cut them into 3 – 4 pieces.
- Scoop out most of the pulp from each piece of zucchini. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat and add the onion. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots, the scooped zucchini pulp, cherry tomatoes, red chili, parsley, bulgur, dried oregano, and vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper and stir for up to 1 minute.
- Add the crushed garlic and stir it in. Add 1/2 cup of parmesan and stir it in. Cook and stir for 5 – 10 minutes, until the bulgur absorbs the liquid.
- Place the scooped out zucchini pieces into a baking dish. Stuff them with the cooked bulgur mixture. If some of it still remains, add it to the dish.
- Top with the remaining grated parmesan and the olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.